At a Glance
- Bachelor of Design, NSCAD; Bachelor of Arts, Dalhousie
- Member (CGD), Society of Graphic Designers of Canada
- Professional graphic designer in Nova Scotia for 20+ years
- Past and present clients:
IWK Health Centre, United Way Halifax Region & United Way Lunenburg Queens, Special Olympics Nova Scotia, NovaScotian Crystal, The Chronicle Herald, Sutton Realty, Guildford Group, Seamark Asset Management, Aliant (now Bell), Irving, NSLC, Highliner, Government of & Tourism Nova Scotia, LED Roadway Lighting, Royal Bank, Reinforced Plastics, Coady International Institute, National Arts Centre, Art Gallery of Nova Scotia, Symphony Nova Scotia, Neptune Theatre, Pier 21, Stewart McKelvey, Dalhousie, NSCADU, SMU, MSVU, St. Francis Xavier University, NSCC, King’s-Edgehill School, Queens Place Emera Centre, Tangled Garden, Lang Optometry, Petite Rivière Vineyards, St. George’s Round Church, plus more
To work with businesses, organizations, groups and individuals who conduct their affairs out of a love for what they do, and where they are.
Collaboration. Some agencies and designers believe they know all about your business. That is wrong. Working together, interesting, engaging, practical and successful design will be born. My past experience in very small and very large organizations gives me valuable insight into what constitutes a good client/designer relationship, what works – and what doesn’t.
- Special Olympics Nova Scotia
- MOSAIC Network, information services for older adults with dementia and behavioural issues
- Churchill Academy
- Two Planks and a Passion Theatre Company
- South Shore Social Ventures Co-op (The Blockhouse School)
- Hank Snow Home Town Museum
- Laing House
- AIDS Coalition of Nova Scotia
- Large advertising/PR agency experience gives valuable insights and knowledge uncommon (often lacking) in small design firms
- Well versed in 3D design conception
- Well endorsed copywriter
- “Crack” production artist skills ensure projects arrive for production without issue
- NSCAD teaching experience: summer credit program, extended education for 33 consecutive terms. Guest lectured at SMU, Dalhousie and MSVU. Written curriculum for NSCC.
Certified professional member (CGD) & past vice president, Atlantic chapter of the Society of Graphic Designers of Canada; As a member I am guided by a code of ethics and are held to high standards of professional conduct.
Member, Bridgewater and Area and South Queens Chambers of Commerce.
Member and volunteer with South Shore Social Ventures Co-op, an organization that is striving to reintroduce the ideas of sustainability, environmental responsibility and permaculture to the South Shore of Nova Scotia.